terça-feira, 18 de novembro de 2008

IMAS - 2008 - 30.10 a 2.11







As soon I got new friends here in Europe I felt that I should try to write my histories in English...

Who knows AIESEC heard once about "Discovery Days". In Brazil and I think in other countries, the "Discovery days" is the first conference of a new member of AIESEC. As writen in the name of that conference, the new member will discover about AIESEC, other people and mainly about himself. In that event there is allways someone, called "Chair", responsible to control the mood, manage the sessions and how the conference flows. This person is invited by the responsibles of the event to play that role.

I was Chair once in Uberlandia during their first Discovery Days. It was a very great experience and I could never give a name to this conference better than "Discovery Days". For me I just not only get to know a lot of people but I discoeredd a lot about of my own potential and things about myself that I were not awareness until that conference.

Here in Germany, I try to make myself usefull to the Local Committe of AIESEC in Augsburg. Therefore I am allways present in meetings, events and answer all requests and help in every way possible. It was a surprise to me when I received the invitation to be the Chair of the "IMAS". I even knew what "IMAS" was, but I just answered "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS". After some questions I found out that "IMAS" is the german name for what we know in Brazil as "Discovery days". I thought: "really cool, they trust on me". I was very surprise also that the event will be with also members from Munich and the city Ulm!!! I have to admit that I was a bit insecure. Me, a foreigner, not very good in english, that do not know much about AIESEC as a lot of people that I know...in front of the president of Munich, of Augsburg and approximately 50 people that I never saw in my life. The conclusion I took from those thoughts was that be the chair in the IMAS will be a great challenge for me.

When I accepted the invitation it was one month before the event. I was very happy to have such time. I did not knew how things actually work here in Germany and due to that I started very quickly the comunication with the people responsible for the event, the Executive Board of AIESEC in Augsburg and the facilitators (trainers). I put a lot of energy in the comunication and I am very happy to say that it worked very well.

I have to say that the OC and trainers in that conference were exceptionals, excellent! It will be hard to put succh a great group together again.

It is hard to me to explain how was the event. It was so intense, I put so much my heart in what I said and did. In the end my eyes had some tears and I was very touched. I put all my energy to bring good mood in the conference. Everyone answered so easy, it was so great. The image that I have from that is about 70 persons that I never had heard about before, looking at me and smiling. That memory I will keep for all my life. It is very interesting to have such a opportunity, to let people know who you are and then they smile for you.

The responsibles for the event asked me to motivate the new members. I really tried and I am satisfied with my work. Everyone that worked in that evetn was exccellent. I could not imagine better experience.

A lot of questions come to my mind also, related to AIESEC as organization. But for this event I just want to remember how good was to interact with so many people, aweasome people.

3 comentários:

Klerisson Paixao disse...

Grande Jonas!!!!!!!!!

Passarinho disse...

Ahhhh, Mlk!!! Chair Internacional!!

iradoooooooooo

Ana Victoria disse...

Well done duuuuuuuude!!

Me orgulhei quando li. Keep going Jonas!

Mwah